Sunday 20 May 2012

Mini Break: Montreal

So my last mini break was to Montreal in March, now going to Montreal isn't exactly a "vacation" for me since I grew up there (Fun Fact: I've lived in 3 provinces). Nevertheless, its a great City to visit, and its kind of fun to pretend I'm a tourist in that town. 
My dad and I, with Chuck Hughes !!
One of the highlights of the trip had to be having dinner at Garde Manger aka Chuck Hughes' (from the Food Network show "Chucks Day Off") resto in Old Montreal. It was amazing, like hands down one of the top 5 meals I've had in my life. You do have to book in advance, so try a month or so in advance, I was extremely lucky and got a reservation about 1.5 weeks in advance (then again we went on a Tuesday evening).


Lobster Poutine !!
My Main - Chicken thigh,
fried shrimp, mashed potatoes
with a maple gravy.
 
 Here are some photos of the food I ate, my Dad and I also started the meal with 6 Malbec Oysters, which were just so fresh. Everything was just so fresh and amazing, its hard to find other words for me to describe it. Didn't have the dessert, mostly because I was completely stuffed, also it tends to be the one meal I will forgo due to the allergy.


Another great restaurant that my family, friends and I love to eat at while in Montreal is Weinstein & Gavino's on Crescent; like its our go to Italian restaurant.


So this post was food heavy, but it had me thinking about the best meals I've had and where they were. Do you have a list of you best meals?





No comments:

Post a Comment