Monday 22 October 2012

3 days left: let the packing fun begin !!

So here we go, I'm in the final countdown before I leave for Nepal !! 3 more days (weird song choice I know, but it does reference 3 more days, so lets roll with it).

Ok so being an Urban Planner/Project Manager I am a tad "enthusiastic" about lists, lots of lists, gantt charts, constant countdowns going on, all of this can help, but also helps to get me overwhelmed. 

Packing for a trip like this is all over the place, I'm bringing my construction boots/work wear, plus clothes for the touristy days. And I hope to pack it all in my backpack, this is the backpack I swear by, the Mountain Equipment Co-Op Ibex 65. I have had it about 4 years now, its been on every trip with me. Except one, a trip that my mom made me buy a suitcase with wheels, I felt like I was cheating on my backpack, apparently backpacks are not "acceptable luggage" for a resort. I still beg to differ.

Some items that I never leave home without (results from lessons learned throughout the years) are: 
-a small mag light - I have used this more times than I can count.
-a collapsible bag (I use a Longchamp) its great because you can store it in your backpack, takes up minimal room, and as you travel you can use it for all of the stuff you buy that won't fit into your luggage. And its great as an extra carry on, or even works as a checked baggage as well.
-Lonely Planet, obviously

Packing aside, I'm starting to get really excited for the trip, I can't stay Nepal was ever on my "to visit" list but the more I'm learning about it the more I'm getting pumped.




No comments:

Post a Comment