Friday 26 October 2012

Namaste from Kathmandu !! Day 1!!

Namaste everybody !!

Ok so it's 12:15pm right now in Kathmandu, I got to the hotel about 2 hours ago. I feel like this day will drag on because I got zero sleep over the last few days whilst en route.

So here are my initial thoughts of lovely Nepal:
- the plane ride into Kathmandu was stunning, the himalaya's are breathtaking. What I loved about them are the fact that there is very little development around the mountains so you literally see nature. Creeks, valleys, I didn't see roads until we started our descent into Kathmandu.
-it's a hipster haven here, I just went out of the hotel to grab some water and these people are hippy hipsters, it's nuts. Kensington market you have officially been served.
- Kathmandu is a very very dense city, it's also quite poor. But so far the people have been very nice.
- I've attached a few photos, one is a road scene from close to my hotel. The other is my hotel, love the name of it !!! It's not bad actually.

So tomorrow morning, we have to be up at 7:30am, we are on our next flight and on our way to Itahari, which is where the build site will be.

I'm crossing my fingers that I have wifi!!

Namaste,
Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment