Wednesday 28 November 2012

A quick blog note....

So my - Hot Night, Wind was blowin' - feature on Kathmandu is this blogs most popular article. I just thought I'd say I really love writing that feature because whenever I talk about the places I've been people always ask me "where would you recommend grabbing a bite to eat, a bar to go to". Which I love telling them about..

In my years of travelling I've heard a ton of stories, the best stories are about what happens when the sun goes down (and rises); yeah everyone has been to the Coliseum in Rome, the Eiffel Tower, and those are great stories. But I love those stories about what happened after you left the Eiffel Tower, or that time you were stranded on a cruise ship in Athens for a night, and of course everyone's stories about Amsterdam. Because that's whats great about travelling, whether you've been to 1 country or 34, you always come back with one of those "So this one time in..." stories, which are so awesome to hear.

I guess I just realized that a lot of my posts revolve around bars/drinking establishments and crazy evenings. Just thought I'd let you all know that I actually enjoy visiting museums, analyzing local landscapes, studying the built form of a country and experiencing the local culture etc. You know just putting it out there, don't want you guys to get the impression that all I do is party...

*crickets*

Yours in Wanderlust,
Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment