Sunday 25 November 2012

Debrief: Nepal

Ok so I've been back from Nepal for almost 2 weeks now, and wow what an experience it was, I've had some time to reflect on the whole trip, and obviously have some great hotel/restaurant/party recommendations. 

When I first landed in Kathmandu I was immediately brought back to the chaos that was India; people everywhere, lots of cars - so I thought to myself "ok here we go India re-dux". 
But the more time I spent there the more it proved me wrong. Nepal is a really chill country, something for everyone, really interesting architecture, trekking adventures, stunning landscapes, and really really fun. I found it to be a perfect country to visit if you want to disconnect from things for a bit, get lost, I mean as lost as you can get in a foreign country, knowing that you are returning to your western comforts after the trip.

This was my first time being involved with "voluntourism" and I highly recommend it to everyone, no matter what cause is close to your heart. You get to truly forget about everything going on back home, and get involved with a cause/project that is bigger than you for any duration of time of your choosing. 

I literally laughed for the 2 weeks while I was on the trip, everyone was so nice, all in all, one of the best experiences of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment