Tuesday 3 July 2012

Oh Canada Week Ends...On to New York City

I hope everyone enjoyed Oh Canada Week on Travel Nutsy, I chose not to write about the obvious Canadian cities (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver). I figured there is so much information about those Cities already, plus one of my first posts was about Montreal. I will eventually get around to my own City Guide's about Toronto and Vancouver don't you worry.


Now onto this post in honor of our friends across the border, and Independence Day, I haven't been to many American Cities (Boston, Buffalo, Disney World, Seattle, New York City and throughout New England). 


The City that started my passion for traveling was New York City, I went there in 1998 with my High School, and that's when I caught the travel bug, and for that I will ever be grateful to New York City. In retrospect I was very lucky to be there 3 years before 9/11, because at the time I took a panoramic picture of the twin towers, which is now framed by my parents. 


Going to New York City at 17 was a highlight for me, going there with my best friends, learning so much about the world, and where else I could go in the world - all happened in one city. I remember the moment well, we were in the United Nations building, and the fact that when you stepped on the UN soil you weren't technically in the USA. I was baffled by this, then seeing all of the flags, and that's when it hit, yup I can go anywhere in this awesome world.


So for that I thank New York City, the City that showed me that everything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment