Thursday 28 June 2012

Oh Canada Week: Banff, Alberta

So I'm sure almost everyone has heard of Banff, out in the Rocky Mountains in Alberta. Known for its stuning views of the mountains, the famous Banff Springs Hotel and its proximity to ski hills, and other outdoor activities.

My list for Oh Canada week on Travel Nutsy, had to include this town, I've seen my mother cry twice when on vacation, once when we were leaving Orlando, Florida, the second on our way into Banff, its as if the mountains slap you across the face and announce "you're here".

Banff is the perfect vacation spot, since there is something for everyone, shopping along Banff Avenue, to skiing, and just taking in the mountains. One of my favorite things to do there is soak in the natural hot springs, this is a must when you're in Banff.

Growing up, we were very very very lucky to stay in the now "fairmont" hotels across Canada. I would naturally suggest the Banff Springs Hotel when visiting Banff, even for just a night. Its worth the splurge, completely, you won't regret it. It is one of my favorite Fairmont's, and when at one of the hotels, promise me you'll order the Clubhouse Sandwich, because it will blow your mind. There is nothing overly fancy about the sandwich by any means, but its done right. Fairmont beds are also luxurious, so much so, that I found out what brand they were and now I sleep on the exact same bed.

TRAVEL EXPERIENCE: When at Banff Springs Hotel, rent some skates, you can do this at the hotel, at night, trek down a ton of stairs to the pond (Bow River). And admist a flood light from an adjacent building you'll be skating surrounding trees. Breathing in the crisp mountain air. Yeah this has to be in my top 5 travel experiences, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment