Monday 25 June 2012

Oh Canada Week: North Hatley, Quebec

Tucked away in the Eastern Townships in Quebec is an amazing little village, North Hatley. If you're looking for a great day trip, or overnight trip from Montreal, I strongly suggest this town. Its south of Sherbrooke, so approximately a 2.5 hour drive from Montreal.


Its great no matter what time of year, I actually prefer it during the winter, especially during a snowstorm, because when you are walking around you literally feel like you're in a snow globe. Such a great feeling !!!


I was lucky to have gone to University not too far from there, and some friends and I would go to North Hatley for dinner at a great pub, the Pilsen, where you can look out and see Lake Massawipi. 


While at the same University we had a function at Manoir Hovey, I still remember walking into it and thinking I was in another world, it was so luxurious, and as a poor University student, any place that fed me an amazing meal had me as a fan for life.


On your way to North Hatley, you could always stop in at Lennoxville, Quebec and visit Bishop's University - to see the most gorgeous University campus in Canada, you know just a recommendation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment